Exploring sport coaching and psychology (25 hours)
Provider: The Open University
Course time: 25 hours
How do I access and complete this course?
- Click here to register & join this course.
- In the form you will be prompted to join the Killara Micro credentialling Hub Microsoft Team
- When you have completed your micro credential go to the course assignment link in Microsoft Team and submit your certificate
NB: only verified students at Killara High School will be added to the MS Team.
Have you experience of sport or fitness coaching either as a participant or a coach? Are you inquisitive about how sport works behind the scenes?
In this free course, exploring sport coaching and psychology, you will explore the influence of coaching and psychology through the lens of sports people and teams who have been successful. You will focus on coaching practices used with young people and adults, including research and advice of leaders in their fields.
The course investigates how scientific and management ideas contribute to success, while also taking you on a journey through unique sporting case studies and insights that will change how you view and study sport. You will consider how the mind, the body, the environment and training techniques all contribute to optimum fitness.
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- outline the influences of, and links between, sport coaching and psychology for those developing their abilities in sport.
- describe different aspects of effective coaching and the way in which a coach may influence young people and adults.
- compare the psychological characteristics used in sporting careers to those you might need to shape your own future.
- reflect on your own sport or fitness behaviours, beliefs and practices and identify useful next steps for further development.
- understand and be confident in your ability to study online.